Sighthounds on the Lam is excited, again, to be hosting the 2021 LGRA/NOTRA OB Racing Nationals in Camden, SC.
Camden, SC is home to the second oldest polo field in continuous use, in the nation. Built in 1898, the polo field is an intrinsic part of Camden’s history, as well as South Carolina. For fifty years, polo was played here and drew visitors from around the world. The beginnings of the equine industry in Kershaw County can be traced to the development of Camden as a winter resort with polo as the chief attraction. The second half of the 20th century saw a steady decline in the play of polo here, but that trend was reversed in 2001 when the Fine Arts Center of Kershaw County and the Camden Polo Club teamed teamed up to revive this grand, family oriented-tradition. The field is currently used for specialty events like ours, while polo is actually played nearby.
The Camden Polo Field, located in the midst of historic Camden, is held in perpetual trust by the Palmetto Trust for Historic Preservation and has been declared a National Landmark. Efforts to save this field from development have been heralded across the state and in polo circles around the country.
IMPORTANT DATES AND INFO:
◦ Early entry deadline is Friday, October 15
◦ Final entry deadline is Sunday, October 24 | 9PM ET. All entry submissions must be received by this time.
◦ Last day to order Logo Apparel is Friday, October 15 | 11:59PM CDT
◦ NO “day of meet” entries will be accepted
◦ NO late or incomplete entries will be accepted
◦ For hounds not yet registered with LGRA and/or NOTRA, we recommend cert’ing/registering prior to Nationals.
◦ NO refunds after Monday, November 1
◦ Substitutions to submitted entries will be accepted, however, depending on timing, changes may not be in updated in Catalog.